Society of Human Resource Management
Looking Forward to Next Semester!
The Fall 2016 SHRM meeting and events schedule should be finalized by August 2016. We'e looking forward to some more amazing experiences with graduates and undergraduate students who are interested in power through people and HR management!
SHRM Alumni Network
Over the last few years, the University of South Carolina’s Student SHRM Chapter has made amazing strides in developing and serving future HR professionals. Some of our most noteworthy accomplishments of late include:
* Winning the SHRM Outstanding Merit Award—the highest level of recognition for a student chapter--for the last two consecutive years
* Competing successfully in two case competitions
* Recruiting over 20 undergraduate members
* Hosting world class speakers, such as Twitter’s Head of Global Talent Acquisition
* Conducting pro-bono HR consulting work for local community service organizations
Our USC SHRM mission is to inspire, motivate and prepare students to become successful future HR leaders. Your financial support will enable us to undertake some new initiatives, such as:
* Offering USC SHRM scholarships to graduate or undergraduate members
* Sending students to the National SHRM conference
* Sponsoring students participating in case competitions
* Providing critical skills training to members, such as Six Sigma and Diversity and Inclusion
Kyle Hodge, VP of Finance c/o Ann Weiser
As a donor, you will have the opportunity to enhance your company’s visibility with graduate and undergraduate SHRM members through advertising in our monthly newsletters. Use these newsletter ads to announce job openings, internships and campus visits.
How do you join?
Send an email to Krista Wessinger, our VP of PR and Marketing at Krista.firstname.lastname@example.org and let her know you are interested in joining. She will put you on our distribution list for our upcoming alumni newsletters.
How do you donate?
Make out a check to USC SHRM in the amount of your choice. Send the check to:
Darla Moore School of Business
1014 Greene Street
Columbia, SC 29206
or click the following link: SHRM PayPal
USC SHRM Receives Highest Merit Award
Recognized by National SHRMJason Kang, President USC SHRMGreetings to all USC SHRM members! As we come up to the halfway mark of the summer, I wanted to write a long overdue thank you to all the members for your contributions this past year. Your participation, feedback, and involvement in our student organization have earned us the proud honor of receiving the Outstanding Merit Award, the most prestigious award given by the National SHRM organization... To read more, click here.