Why We Are Ranked No. 1
For almost two decades the International Business Undergraduate Program at the University of South Carolina has been ranked No. 1 among American universities. The Sonoco International Business Department as a whole has received abundant recognition for academic, research and field leadership.
On September 12, The University of South Carolina's undergraduate international business program ranked at the top of U.S. News & World Report’s 2014 “America’s Best Colleges Guide” in the International Business category. This is the 16h consecutive year the program has received the number No. 1 ranking. See Their Full Ranking List
The Darla Moore School of Business’ undergraduate international business program was also ranked No. 1 by Bloomberg Businessweek as part of its 2013 Best Undergraduate B-Schools rankings. (This is the first time this publication has ranked undergraduate international business programs). See Their Top 10 List
What Sets Us Apart
Our four-decade-long commitment to international business education enables us to offer great depth and breadth in advancing our students' understanding of the complex opportunities and risks inherent in business globally. We take great pride in developing such internationally adroit business leaders here at the Moore School.
The secret to the Moore School’s undergraduate international business success includes:
- A selective admissions process with a maximum annual enrollment of 160
- Advanced foreign language training
- At least one semester study abroad at one of more than 45 of the world's top business schools
- A comprehensive international business curriculum of functional, regional and thematic global business courses
- An opportunity to participate in cohort programs in which students divide their studies between the Moore School and one of several partner universities
- The experience of developing business and expansion plans for actual business
- Opportunities to attend annual Career Conferences in which IB students interact with professionals in various international business positions
Journal of International Business Studies
The University of South Carolina's international business faculty has been rated No. 1 in research productivity by the Journal of International Business Studies.
International Business Review
Our faculty are ranked No. 1 of the top 50 U.S. universities and No. 2 of the top 50 universities worldwide in terms of the total number of research articles published.
This continued leadership in international business education is a tribute to faculty and staff who are dedicated to an innovative, responsive curriculum and programming that exceeds expectations for our students, our partners in the business community and our alumni. It reflects our commitment to produce future leaders in global business, and to fuel economic development and prosperity locally and globally.