William F. Putnam Scholarship
Students eligible for the Putnam Scholarship:
- Have completed ACCT 225 - Introduction to Financial Accounting by May 6, 2016, but have not yet started ACCT 401 - Financial Accounting I
- Are a full-time student who is (and remains) and accounting major
- Holds and maintains a minimum 3.5 GPA overall
Applications for the William F. Putnam Scholarships must be postmarked by May 31, 2016. Click here for an application and complete instructions.
SCACPA Scholarship Program
Eligible applicants for the South Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants (SCACPA) Scholarship program meet the following requirements:
- Legal resident of South Carolina
- Rising junior or senior majoring in accounting (or Master's Degree student) at a South Carolina college or university
- Full-time student
- At least one class in intermediate accounting or the equivalent
- GPA of no less than 3.25 overall
- GPA in accounting no less than 3.6
Amounts of scholarships range from $500 to $2,500. Scholarship recipients will be recognized at the SCACPA Annual Summit and Member Meeting in November 2016. All applications must be received by June 1, 2016.
Click here for an application and complete instructions on how to apply.
There are a variety of scholarships available to accounting students, recommended by the South Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants, each with their own sets of criteria. Please click on the scholarship titles below for details of each.
American Accounting Association
AICPA Fellowship for Minority Doctoral Students
AICPA Scholarships for Minority Accounting Students
American Society of Women Accountants
American Women's Society of CPAs
Association of Certified Fraud ExaminersJohn L. Carey Scholarship (AICPA)
The Educational Foundation for Women in AccountingNational Society of Accountants